Sunday, August 8, 2010

2010 Canadian Parks Tour - Day #2 Revelstoke and Glacier parks

Revelstoke by day. I simply can't overemphasize how cool a town Revelstoke seems to be...it reminds me a lot of the bit I saw of Nelson last year. Everyone I spoke with, at the town's Information Centre and the Parks Office was friendly and enthusiastic about helping me find the cool stuff to see, in the area. And on this second day, I was really wishing that my plan for the trip allowed me to stay here an extra day or two and explore the Revelstoke and Glacier parks.



Arriving at Revelstoke National Park, proper.



And then Glacier National Park. Avalanches are VERY serious business here, with massive protected shelters covering large portions of the highway.



Rogers Pass in Glacier National Park

A shot from the information Centre that's being rebuilt now.



And what appears to be a painting from almost the same perspective in "At the Rogers Pass", a painting by John A. Fraser (1886).



By this time I was thinking, if these smaller parks are this gorgeous and impressive, what are Yoho, Banff and Jasper going to be like?

No comments:

Post a Comment